Question by Lynn: What can we use to wash synthetic wig with?
I was wondering what kind of shampoo and conditioner you can use to wash synthetic hair with?
I assume you cannot use regular shampoo & conditioner, but the wig kind for synthetic hair?
Are there any other things you can wash the wig with if you don’t currently have wig hair care products available yet? Also, how many times do you wash a wig in a week?
Thanks, I was also wondering, how would you make the shine on the wig lower. I want it to look it bit more dull, yet healthy looking, but not too shiny that you can tell its fake and not unrealistic.
Answer by Kbrothershair
The frequency of washing depends on factors such as air quality and humidity. Generally, a wig should be washed after it has been worn 8 – 12 times, but this can vary. and Important is do not wash your synthetic too often, as a wig factory, our technician suggest you can wash it once in two week.
If you want to keep the wigs looks nice, we recommend you to use hair care products for synthetic fiber.
Here is how to wash it:
1) Gently brush the wig thoroughly with a wig brush.
2) Add one tablespoon of wig shampoo to a sink filled with cold water.
3) Immerse wig for one minute and agitate gently. Do not rub.
4) Rinse the wig gently in cold clear water twice or until thoroughly rinsed.
5) Blot the wig gently with a towel. Do not squeeze or wring.
6) Apply conditioning spray very lightly over wig, spraying 10-12 inches from the wig.
7) Allow the wig to air dry on a slender object like a can of hairspray or a shampoo bottle covered with a hand towel. Styrofoam heads may stretch the cap.
Do not use a hair dryer. Air dry only. You may gently style the wig with your fingertips.
9) Brush wig only when completely dry. Do not allow the wig to dry in direct sunlight.
Add your own answer in the comments!